The sky has been unbelievably blue for the past two days and, even though it’s still quite chilly in the evenings, I believe the copious amounts of sunshine have gotten me excited for spring. So it only feels right to spread the joy around.
Who can blame me, with views like this while on the job?
Julianna has so graciously bestowed upon me this little Sunshine Award, and by accepting I have agreed to answer a few fun questions and nominate my own recipients. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to nominate previous winners, but your blogs are so wonderful that I just can’t help double-nominating some of you. It’s OK with me if you don’t write another acceptance post!
1. Why did you start blogging? In 2006, I visited my home country of Laos with my mother. I kept a journal during the 3 months I was there and entertained the idea of publishing it. I only opened the journal again about 8 months ago. Still don’t have time to publish, but Under the Champa Trees and, therefore, Noony Tales are the fruits of that journal.
2. Sweet or savory? Definitely savory! I explained why in Mr. Khaling Man, Bring Forth Your Savory Treats!
3. If you were to go on a reality TV program, what would it be and why? “The Real World: Aquatic Turtle Edition” … no, only kidding. I think Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Not quite sure what skills I have to offer, but just to be a part of it would be great. Seems like the best use of corporate money and time, as far as reality TV goes. I cry like a baby every time I watch.
4. What was the last thing you Googled? Reality TV shows…because I couldn’t think of a single one off the top of my head. HA!
5. Night out or night in? DP and I are borderline reclusive and always exhausted so…definitely night in. Netflix and popcorn are staples in our house.
6. What has been your favorite blog post to write? If I had to choose, Ode to Noodles was fun. It also happens to be one of my favorite topics in general.
7. What’s the one thing you never leave home without? I am guilty of being attached to my phone. I can’t help it – I have a really short attention span and need something to fiddle with while I’m waiting in line or stuck in traffic. The fear of being kidnapped or stranded somewhere also comes into play. Also, it is useful in awkward situations in which I need to pretend like I’m talking on the phone.
8. Where would you most like to travel to? I have always wanted to see all the the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World. Impossible to pick just one place.
9. If you could have one super power, what would it be? Teleportation, or I will settle for flying. Either one will get me around the world faster and cheaply.
10. What can we expect to find in your blog future? Hope I can keep up with my blog during this upcoming busy summer and fall. Posts about food and family (and turtles) are always on the radar.
Here are the rules:
1. Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post and/or on your blog.
2. Link to the blogger who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself .
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award.
5. Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them.
6. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Eva @Spicy Tones
- Li @Li Jiun
- Eric @Awakening to Awareness
- Theek @The Laotian Commotion
- Angie @The Novice Gardener
- Indu @Indu’s International Kitchen
- Patty @Patty Nguyen
- Sadia @Savory and Sweet Food
- Mercedez @Wishful Whisking
- Ngan @Ngan Made It
Even though I haven’t been following some of you for very long, your blogs are lovely and uplifting. Thanks to each and every one for bringing light and beauty into my world.
- Last book you read?
- What animal would you be and why?
- If you could eat only ONE dish for a week, what dish?
- Where did you go on your last vacation?
- What are 5 items in your refrigerator right now?
- Favorite dessert?
- Ever eaten durian?
- Favorite childhood cartoon?
- Favorite sandwich ingredients?
- Do you think you’ll ever run out of things to blog about?